Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day two- Palo Duro Canyon hike


Today, we had two very exciting hikes! In all, they were about seven and one half miles. The first one, we had a very nice quide to talk to us about the geology and the man made formations. We then ate a nice lunch and shopped at the Trading Post. Then we went on our second hike. We went 3 miles up to the Lighthouse and got a really cool view. After we descended, I hiked with Mr. Jennings and we played a hilarious game of follow the leader. We got back to the hotel and rested. And after.... BIG TEXAN STEAK RANCH! They had good food, nice peeps, and bunches of fun! What a day!

Haley York

Today was the day of the two long hikes. Fun? very. Yea, it was hard, but we were happy when we finally made it through the first hike. After that, we went to World Famous Burgers and i had a yummy turkey sandwhich. Once we finished eating we shopped at the gift shop, and i bought awesome new sunglasses. Next was the second hike which was much harder and much longer, but it was still fun. THen we headed to the Big texan steak house. the food was really good and then we returned to the hotel. So much fun!!!

Erin

Ok' so today was fun and hard!!! On the first walk I started feeling dizzy and I had to stay behind w/ coach. Then I had grilled cheese for lunch. We then went on a super long walk and i had an extremely scary time climbing to the light house!!! Then I had dinner @ the steakhouse (which wasn't all that much fun) and now I'm swimming!!!

Kate the Great

Today we went on two hikes. They were long and feet-tiring but fun. The First one was shorter and we had a guide to explain history of it. Then we ate lunch at the trading post and I had a cheeseburger. Then the second hike was the long six mile (there and back) trip to the lighthouse (a big part of the rock). It was fun but at the end I was pretty tired. We then took a break back at the hotel and took showers (needed after the big hike). Then we went to the Steakhouse and ate dinner (the steak was ok but i like the fudge I bought!!) . Now were just hanging out at the hotel again and some of us are swimming. It was a busy but fun day.

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment