Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Great Day in Amarillo! (Room 208)

Sterling – Hi mom! We had a great day today. We went to Palo Duro Canyon! It was very windy, but fun because you got to talk to your friends. We did a lot of hiking. That was fun. A lot of energy! I got a thorn stuck in my leg and a cactus needle stuck in my hand! That was cool. So all in all, I had a great day. Bye, peeps… bye Mom! Next, we’re going to the Big Texan Ranch Steak Ranch! Whoo hoo!

Rick – Today we drive out to Palo Duro Canyon to hike. We hiked up three miles and back. I got to get on top of the lighthouse rocks of the Lighthouse Trail! It was extremely windy up there. The three miles back to the bus seemed to take much longer. Besides that, we saw lots of cool plants, animals, and wildlife. It was great to hang out with my friends! Hey, Cassie and Nicky!


Max – Today was an awesome day. We got to go to Palo Duro Canyon and hike for like, six hours. While on the hike, we got to get on top of the lighthouse rock formation and the wind was blowing like crazy. After the long hike, my legs were hurting really badly. Not to mention that I had thorns and spiky things poking through my skin. We get to go to the Big Texan Steak Ranch tonight and eat ourselves silly. Hi Mom, Hi Dad, Hi sister!


Brandon – Today we went to Palo Duro Canyon, and we walked forever. There were a lot of neat things to see. The plateaus were really cool to look at. It was very windy outside. It was the windiest day that I have ever been out. We climbed on this giant rock with a great view. Then we turned around and walked three more miles back. That was even more tiring. We finally got back to the bus and went swimming.




3 comments:

  1. I really miss you guys. i love reading your blogs, you guys are so funny. let me now if you want anything from San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I miss you guys! It looks like you're having a lot of fun. I wish I were there, but it would probably be a disaster. I fell a little bit better. But, it probably was good that I went home. I took a plane back to Dallas, the wait was really long. I'll see you guys at school. Bye. :)
    -Mike T

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you are having a fun adventure! can't wait to hear who ate the biggest steak!

    Megan Hiltabidle

    ReplyDelete